Job Summary- Marketing Officer
Reporting to Manager, this position is responsible for applying strategic business initiatives by undertaking marketing activities towards growing and retaining the society membership, savings mobilization and encouraging update of SACCO products and services to achieve a high level of customer satisfaction and profitability. The position will be responsible for carrying out product awareness campaigns using the societies communication tools which include a quarterly member awareness newsletter, an updated website, and other online and mobile phone applications.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the marketing function and identify, analyze and implement new business growth opportunities.
- Develop and execute an annual strategic marketing plan that will expand the Sacco’s brand
awareness, growth and service
- Carry out market intelligence and customer surveys; accelerate growth in membership and product uptake.
- Prepare and coordinate dissemination of communications to members on time using seminars, the updated website, members portal and other online and mobile phone applications.
- Educate the members on all society's applicable policies, new products and functions of the society's activities.
- Explain to customers the different types of loans and credit, and savings options that are available, as well as the terms of those services including advising members on loan eligibility.
- Participate in marketing promotions, institutional visits and any other publicity campaign as may be assigned and providing reports on the same.
- Preparation and presentation of monthly business report on achievement gained to the board.
- Carry out member satisfaction survey, on our services and products and provide analyzed data to the board.
- Advice the board on prospects for new business.
- Develop and keep in safe custody all marketing and promotional materials i.e. brochures, banners, etc.
Key Result Areas:
The accountability areas are as follows:
- Improved customer satisfaction.
- Increased market shares.
- Comparative analysis of markets trends
- Efficient marketing strategies for all the Sacco’s products and services
- Member education and sensitization on new developments.
- Member recruitment and retention
Qualifications and experience
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience.
- KCSE B-
- 25-35 years of age
- A Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field.
- Proven track record in implementing marketing successful programs.
- Diploma in Co-operative Management will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of Navision ERP or similar ERP solution for Saccos will be an added advantage.
Skills and Desired Qualities
- Excellent communication, influencing and presentation skills.
- Good people, interpersonal and networking skills
- Excellent Planning and Organizing/ Work Management Skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical ability in cross-functional and multi-cultural environment; able to define problems, collect relevant data, extract meaning and draw valid conclusions.